Intel X550-T2 Dual Port Ethernet Converged Network Adapter
Intel X550T2 Overview
With 10GBASE-T, migration to 10 GbE is dramatically simplified with backward compatibility for your existing GbE network infrastructure. Install an X550 adapter into a server and the auto-negotiation between 1 GbE and 10 GbE provides the necessary backwards compatibility that most customers require for a smooth transition and easy migration to 10 GbE. When time and budget allows, 10GBASE-T switches can be added any time to experience the full benefits of 10 GbE.
10GBASE-T uses the copper twisted-pair cables that are very familiar to IT professionals today. It is all you know and love about 1000BASE-T. The knowledge, training, and investment in BASE-T are preserved. 10GBASE-T is the easiest and most versatile 10 GbE interface that can be deployed anywhere in your data center. Its flexible reach from 1 meter to 100 meters supports the latest network architectures including Top of Rack (ToR), Middle of Row (MoR), and End of Row (EoR).
- Low-cost, low-power, 10-GbE performance for the entire datacenter
- Intel's 10GBASE-T controller with integrated MAC and PHY
- Standard CAT 6a cabling with RJ-45 connectors
- Backward compatibility with existing 1000BASE-T networks simplifies the transition to 10 GbE
- Unified networking delivering LAN, iSCSI and FCoE in one low-cost CNA
- Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioning and Quality of Service